Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jan 5

Well lots of changes have happened. I was the only one transferred in my district. Im not training either. Im a zone leader for the Bloomfield hills North zone. Its really crazy with what happened. Because usually when you go zone leader you go into with an experienced zone leader as your senior companion, to teach you how to do everything. But that didnt happen. They have me as the senior zone leader with a crazy missionary thats been out for 9 months. Its so hard right now my companion his name is Elder Young hes from South Salt Lake. But the problem right now is he hates his mission. IM worried he may go home! Not if i have anything to say about it though. So yet another trial.. but im more than willing to go through it, i know im blessed with this challage so i can learn from it. I heard a qoute from church yesterday from elder Eyring he said" God wont get rid of our trials, rather he will helpu us go through them, and by doing so he'll change us. So i know this is how he shapes us into the children he wants us to be. Elder young is haveing a trial, because he just wants to chill and being zone leader makes is so much more accountable, which makes him mad. And my trial is that i have to deal with it and still get work done, and still be a zone leader even though i dont quite know what im suppose to do. Haha! I love being a missionary, hardest 2 years of my life so far....but best! Please I really appreciate all of the family to pray for Elder Young! Pray that he can get a strong testimony, and the real spirit of missionary work. I cant stand to see him so depressed all the time!
Well I know this letter sounds crazy, but this has been the first time i have been able to vent in a week. I really am doing good. I have served with many challanging companions but the lord always blesses me with a way through it.

I'm serving in the Roseville area. This area is sweet because it has half supberbs and half Detroit. So im still here in Detroit! I was so excited when i found out. We have zone conference tomorrow as well. We have to plan a 70 minute instruction for the zone ahh, well let me take that back I have to haha my companion i think is going to sleep. Anyways again pray for him :-)
But things are good. I love this area, it has a lot of potential. We get lots of head quarter referalls, the second most in the mission. Marvelous things are going to happen i can feel it. Well i love you guys and appreciate all that you do. Thanks for the email. I cant wait to come home and eat a Giant Burger with you both! Bun included!!!
Well i love you all and will talk to you next week, Wish me luck :-)

No comments: