Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dec 8

Dear Family,

Seems like i just emailed, time really is flying by. I cant believe 17
more days and I get to talk to you.

Well this week went pretty good. We found some potential people, and are
just continuing to work with the ones we have now. I think marie
(britney's sister) getting more excited for her baptism on January 4th,
and we are just continuing to look for more people to teach. Thanks for
the packages, you should see my apartment i guarentee you Me and elder
Ramirez have the most decorated apartment in the mission! We got our tree
up, i bought a few lights, and used the decorations you sent out, thanks!
As well for the new shoes, hahaha i have to show you before and after
pictures of my shoes, youll laugh. My worn pare compared to the brand new
ones, dont even look the same. And as well for the coat, its been pretty
cold lately. It snowed this week, my first real time biking in snow, its
pretty crazy, good thing i wear a helmet though so im fine out there. Its
so funny though i truly am having the experience of my life, i cant think
of anytime in the future where i will have the opportunity to bike in 20
degree weather, with snow flying at me, in a dangerous city haha. Its so
much fun doing missionary work! But as always, no need to worry, when it
gets colder i throw on more clothing, i know God doesnt want a hero, he
wants me to be smart, and im always safe and protected this I know. I
always joke, i think if i was a missionary i probably would never go into
Detroit. But its such an interesting feeling, you can ask any missionary
out here and they will tell you they feel protected, its an amazing
feeling. Well other than that i guess not to much is going on right now.
Oh my phone call will be on christmas day.. just like last year. How it
works is you guys are going to have to call me. And we just got notice
that the churches cell-phone contract is not unlimited on christmas so we
are going to either have to do it at a members home, or the church. I will
let you know next week. But its between the hours of 3-5 pm or after 7pm.
And this is MIChigAN time haha. So I dont know what time it will be in
Arizona, youll have to look it up, so i dont catch you guys at an bad time
haha.

Well tell everyone Hello, and wish them a happy hollidays! And tell them i
will see them next Christmas :-) Love Elder Whipple

No comments: