Monday, March 30, 2009

Well to start. I have decided to go to Byu Idaho, so send out whatever needs to be taken care of, and thankyou so much for doing so.


This week has really been a challange. So the day of transfers i arrived there early to meet my new trainee. His name is Elder Dawson from Pinegree Idaho. Hes way cool hes a farm boy from Idaho. Then i found out where i was going. Its called Ypsilanti area. Its right by Ann Arbor, and if you remember Ann Arbor is where i started my mission out. So the first day was way stressful. I had no idea where i was going, what i was doing, or where i was. White washing means they take out both missionarys from the area, and they put me and elder Dawson into it. So we dont know where the church is, where we are, it took us a little bit to even find our apartment haha. Then we had to find the church because we had an appointment i guess at 3:00. So a lot of getting lost and meeting new people. Also on top of that i get the opportunity to teach and train elder Dawson, and also to be steward over the district and help them grow. So thats kind of how the first few day were. Alot of stress, and you know me i dont get stressed, actually i wouldnt call it stress i would call it heavenly father stretching me passed where im usually comfortable at. I know he does this to make me stronger though and to bless others so more than willing. Its just been a tough week haha. On the other hand though, the lord is richly blessing us. We found around 17 potential investigators this week, and even had a guy named Jonathon who we talked to while he was biking show up to church. So God's having mercy on us in our situation which I am thankful for. I guess the reason why the missionarys got whitewashed is because this area has been known for Disobedient missionarys hanging out with missionarys, and the last missionarys wernt working as hard as they should be. So we dont have many investigators, but with the lords blessings we found 4 new investigators this week. So things are rolling forth. Elder Dawson is really getting the hang of things, and is going to be a great missionary. But as for my week, thats kind of how it went.
I'm grateful for this opportunity that i have, because i have to be a perfect example for this new missionary, its really helping me work and finish strong. So great things are going to happen. Its funny also about this ward. All they talk about is how they are the best ward in the mission, and that we are priveldged to be here. That we better be the best missionarys in the mission to have been sent here. Which is Hogwash, these members are so full of pride its hillarious. Its almost like a highschool football team, bragging about how good they are. Well I wont doubt them, but im not going to believe it untill i see it :-)
So otherwise summerized its a interesting ward.

Heres my new adress: 225 south Grove Apt D-212 Ypsilanti, MI 48198

Oh guess what else- It SNOWED YESTERDAY! Man, I thought i was done with winter. Crazy Michigan its so unpredictable, it may be 70 degrees outside, then drop in an hour and snow. Hopefully the real spring is just around the corner.

Other than all that not to much new here. Oh also I cant wait for General Conference, im so excited. Its like missionary Super Bowl! It should be a good one. I hope you all will be able to watch it. Well i love you all and will talk to you next week.
Love- Elder Whipple

No comments: